Hello,

Technically, this modification of matebele's version does just what you
want:

\define saveSnapshot()
<$button> Save Snapshot
<$action-setfield $tiddler="$(snapshot)$" $field="text"
$value={{$:/StoryList!!list}}
tags="Snapshot">
</$button>
\end

\define showSnapshot()
<$button set="$:/StoryList!!list" setTo={{$(snap)$}}>Show Snapshot</$button>
\end

;Show Snapshot

story-name" default='(none)'>
<$list filter="[tag[Snapshot]]" variable="currentIndex">
<option value=<<currentIndex>>><<currentIndex>></option>
</$list>
</$select></span>
<$set name="snap" value={{$:/_snapshots!!story-name}}>
<<showSnapshot>>
</$set>

;Save Snapshot

field="story-name"/></span>
<$set name="snapshot" value={{$:/_snapshots!!story-name}}>
<<saveSnapshot >>
</$set>

Be sure to back up before trying this! You will need to create an
additional tiddler $:/_snapshots.

But I'm guessing that you won't like the way it works -- all the tiddlers
are listed one after another in a single line rather than in list. I
imagine it will take a javáscript macro to be able to make it into a
standard list.

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/81be6646-c94e-4f6d-abee-6afc107cc321%40googlegroups.com.