Hello Jan,

I don't think there is a "split" operator -- at least it's not mentioned in
the docs.

And I don't think you can capture the nicely formatted list and tuck it
into a tiddler. It would be cool if you could.

But I think what you could do is save your stories in the list field of
tiddlers. Then set up a Conditional Template that would display the
tiddlers almost the way you are doing here. See Tobias Beer's site
"http://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#Conditional
ViewTemplate Section"
<http://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#Conditional%20ViewTemplate%20Section> for
details on Conditional Templates.

Change your previous code to save lists in the list field of the snapshot
tiddlers instead of in the text field.

Set up your view template so that it displays any tiddler having the tag
"Snapshot" and contains a list. You would have something like this:

<$list filter="[all[current]tag[Snapshot]has[list]]">
<$list filter="[list[]!tag[excludeStory]]"><$link><$view
field="title"/></$link><br/></$list>
</$list>

Now when you view the snapshot tiddlers, you'll see the story list you want
in a nice linked list, minus any tiddlers that have been excluded with the
tag "excludeStory".

HTH
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/761b548c-826f-4b73-b615-1d6673529b92%40googlegroups.com.