Ask and you shall receive! The TiddlyWiki gods have been kind to me this
week! Based on Jeremy's BibTex importer plugin (available in pre-release
<>), I'm now able to do, well, almost
everything I imagined with respect to bibliography management using bibtex
and importing into tiddlywiki.

Have a look:

More work to be done, but this is huge <>.
If folks want to add some thoughts / desires here, I'll tally and add to

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 4:24:43 PM UTC-4, Steven Schneider wrote:
> I've long been searching for some bibliographic solutions within
> TiddlyWiki (search this group for bibtex and bibliography, and you'll see
> some threads I've started / contributed to over the years).
> I actually made some progress today and would welcome thoughts /
> suggestions / etc. to move this effort forward.
> I am now able to import a bunch-o-references from Google Scholar into a
> JabRef dbase, export my dbase into a spreadsheet, make some modest edits,
> convert to JSON, and import into TW.
> At is:
>    - bibliography.html
>    <> - a TW with
>    100+ references directly imported from Google Scholar plus some
>    documentation about steps taken
>    - first-jabref-bibtex-db.bib
>    <> -
>    my jabref dbase
>    - bib3.ods <> - export
>    from jabref to ods (spreadsheet) format
>    - bib3.csv <> - csv
>    - bib3.json <> - json
> Ideally, TW should read the .bib file directly, of course. But, one step
> at a time...
> (FWIW: note use of to serve TW via Dropbox - easy, free,
> reliable!)
> //steve.

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at