Not to be a wet blanket but ...

> Basically, QR codes can be used to transfer any block of text that isn’t
too long/complicated to fit.

And that, of course, leads to the downsides of QR codes, e.g.,
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Qrljacking - the misuse of QR Codes to do
not so nice things.

It seems to me that folks who use them on TW sites that allow federated
content are going to be implicitly trusting every other person with write
access to that federated content. Even static TW's on public sites are
going to have the same implications. It does not seem that there is
anything keeping from me putting a QR Code in a tiddler claiming to be my
contact info but instead sending the unsuspecting user to a phishing web
site first, or a Rick Roll. Or it might not be me but someone who simply
has obtained my login information to that publicly accessible content.
Maybe using Qrljacking.

The TW community seems to be a very helpful one. But with its popularity
and capabilities increasing I am not sure that will remain universally true
indefinitely. A google of 'qr code vulnerabilities' mentions might give you
pause.

--
Jonathan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8a7817c2-159d-4c5c-8fd9-d53d92443207%40googlegroups.com.