Hi Mat

> I would suggest that all plugin dependencies are explicitly stated (as they
> often are). In this case I guess it would be "requires 5.1.14". A reason for
> this can be illustrated with a case of my own; I have at least one TW where
> my tweaks (mostly page layout) conflict with later updates so it is "stuck"
> at 5.1.10, which is OK in this case as it works well enough for its purpose.
> I assume this is not a typical use case but still not totally uncommon. I'd
> thnk that people leaving the newbie stage and passing onto more advanced
> tweaking trying to e.g integrate a TW with some other system etc might end up
> in this. Just guessing. Anyway, for these cases it is valuable to know a
> plugins backward compatibility and other dependencies.

The core plugins and the TiddlyWiki core itself are in lockstep. There is no
support for backporting plugins to earlier versions. You can experiment at your
own risk, of course.

There is a partially implemented mechanism for plugins to enforce a minimum
core version number. If we switched it on it would make life harder for the
people who do want to experiment with backporting.

> Apropos QR in general, they remind me of Identicons link1
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identicon> link2 <http://identicon.net/>.
> Possibly this is a use case for TWederation and twCards. (BTW I currently
> don't have the needed time to devote to TWederation dev but will, of course,
> proceed at some future date.)

Well, a QR code could be a means of federating a tiddler, but of course it
would only work for very short tiddlers.

Best wishes

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5F01C786-C780-4122-B9FF-B403E108789E%40gmail.com.