I don't think there is a problem with giving edit-text the additional
parameters, but we may want to give it an alias so that you can use the
edit-text widget or you can use the range widget (or whatever name is
appropriate) because ease of use is important and to someone who doesn't
know what the input html tag is having the two as the same widget would be
a bit confusing.

I think that you could do an alias like this by just adding another
module.exports line at the bottom of the file, but we would want to have
different default behaviour for each one. Which may twist back around to
just having separate widgets.

I will try to poke this a bit today because I am avoiding doing my phd
work. A pull request to just add the parameters to the edit-text widget is
probably a good idea regardless of if there is also another widget.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/99aa6c3b-3d9e-4f07-a080-1b67215c4cfd%40googlegroups.com.