On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 5:33:12 PM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote:

> From my perspective, tweaking the edit-text code is better, because Eric
> has already shown how to do that. Edit-text is going to continue to be
> complicated anyway -- no one is talking about rolling back any of its
> options.

Regarding "edit-text is going to be complicated anyway" - I don't see why
it has to be.

Rather than rolling back options, they can (I'd guess) remain but they just
don't have to be promoted. Actually, just like the range type wasn't
promoted even if it was already possible.

IMO it makes sense to take advantage of the underlying html elements and
partly mirror those, if this is not already done. What we're really talking
about is the html Input element, which has a plethora of types. If it is
not already done, it would probably make sense to implement a common
"kernel" for the HTML Input type and then make widgets that use this common
kernel but add various attributes for the particular form.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f8c31e21-b75f-4262-92e9-6a24221f8fa4%40googlegroups.com.