Thanks Josiah,

Let me add a little more than my first post, I will endeavor to share some
screen shots in time.

I hope to build a set of plugins, tips and practices, perhaps an instance
of TW5 with appropriate plugins and Browser/OS notes for use on a computer
to manage and document local resources.
Here are a few more examples
*Create a tiddler with the readme text from a command line utility and
provide prepared links to execute various command parameter variations eg;
sysinternals
*Drag and drop the hosts file into the wiki and create a link to launch
notepad or other default text editor
*Display a link to a file IF Exists
*Execute a command line and pipe the output into a tiddler (with Node.JS
this seems practical)

You mention Background knowledge. Well I can contribute Windows OS
knowledge from working with it since before Windows 3.1, I wonder what
other diciplins would help. I would love to add android, Unix and MAC
features as well.

I will look into Bubble Map and Tiddler Map thanks.

The Execute from browser is a real issue, just as saving tiddlywikis has
being. TiddlyFox - TiddlyWiki for Firefox is a life saver. One approach I
have is to create a FireFox Profile called Local which has the desktop
permissive plugins including the execute option in the aforementioned
"Local File System Links" add-on. I think there may be a way to open
external links in another profile and keep the local profile as the only
one able to do local execute etc... I would love to see this option built
into tiddlyfox, so you could nominate a tiddlywiki for local execute,

I think there may be an opportunity to monitor a download folder and have
the Local machine respond, but there is a lot to be gained from
adding/using file associations in the OS and mime types in the browser.

Yes, With office 365 installed, you can get great access to local office
applications, with "Local File System Links" add-on I can browse to
file://c:/User/Tony/Documents and click on a document to open in the
application.

I love the "Its all text plugin" as well, and are currently using it off
TiddlyWiki Classic for large tiddlers. I will investigate CKEditor HTML
editing.

Thanks for your feedback Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5bbd3fb3-0a0f-4d07-b23c-2f7b9f3dbe2f%40googlegroups.com.