Great stuff Thomas!!! I very much need this NOW for an ambitious TW project
soon to be released.

In my project, I'm currently I'm using Tobias' calc macro
<http://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#calc>, and I note this is missing from your
"Alternatives" list. Any reflections on how yours compares to this?

He has an interesting cleveness in merging the operator with one of the
operands, which saves a definition for the user. I.e his syntax is

<<calc 5 +2>>
 or
 <$macrocall $name=calc value=5 operation="+2" />

I really like that yours allow concatenation! This should come in handy.

("dacs"? ...I'll never remember that and I believe the standard term is
decimals ;-)

Yours looks promising in the sense of not making multi-step calculations
overly cluttered - but is it possible to make the following work without
the wikify widget?

\define foo() <<rpn 2 2 *>>

<$wikify name=f text=<<foo>>>
<$macrocall $name="rpn" a=<<rpn 2 2 *>> b=<<f>> operation="*"/>
</$wikify>

Anyway, really cool Thomas!!!

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f983b90e-24ac-47a0-be1e-70bf7faaadfd%40googlegroups.com.