Hi everybody, 

Does anyone share my problem?

I have been using TiddlyWiki5 for about a year, and created many files I 
keep on DropBox and access through my MacBook Air (mid 2011 Intel Core i5) 
with macOS Sierra. 

I first used Mozilla Firefox (now on ver 54.0) to create and update my TW5 
files. Then one day, it stopped working. Any attempt to save with new 
information would "download" another instance of Firefox with the tiddlers, 
but never save them. AArgh

Then a search on this Google Group found TiddlyDesktop - which was my 
workaround. As long as I could load TiddlyDesktop (version 0.0.8), have it 
access and open my DropBox file, it would save updated tiddlers.

I have tried beta TWEdit5 for my iPhone. It isn't ready for primetime and 
is quite confusing for a relative newbie like myself. The only file (of 
several) I can update on my iPhone I can't find in DropBox to be able to 
access on a laptop - AArgh

As of yesterday, TiddlyDesktop seems to no longer load onto my desktop. I 
click the blue icon with black "Motovun Jack" cat silhouette, it bounces 
once and stops with nothing changed. No TiddlyDesktop. 

I can go directly to my Finder's DropBox folder and see my files. If I 
click to load, with default "opens with" of FireFox 54.0, the window 
briefly blinks acknowledging the click, but no load. Attempt to "open with" 
Google Chrome, blank page and tiny downturned tab icon - no load. Lastly, I 
attempt to load by opening with Safari (ver 10.1.1) and it opens my TW5 
file and I can read it, but any changes I make are lost when I close 
Safari. Attempts to save create another non-saving instance. 

Another search on Google Groups might suggest that TiddlyDesktop is no 
longer supported and to use TiddlyServer. Mercifully it has only one option 
for Mac (rather than forcing choice of 32 or 64 bit versions) but this 
creates an "osx-v1 directory containing many folders and files including 
nwjs.app with initially needed me to accept a non-sanctioned developer to 
load. Now nwjs.app just bounces once and does nothing.

It took me a long time to learn that when I saw this behavior from plugins 
they were written for TW Classic.

As of right now - I can intermittently see my data, but can't update it - 
and I have put a lot of my needed information in TW5.

What is the best way to access and update a TW5 file on DropBox using a 
MacBook Air? Is there a link to a YouTube that shows exactly how to make it 
functional? 

Thanks for listening - maybe someone else is losing functionality as well?

JWHoneycutt

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f528180c-c5d7-445c-abac-b8910988273b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to