On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 5:50:34 AM UTC-7, RichardWilliamSmith wrote:

> I'll answer my own question :) one way is to use 'rgba', like this
> - rgba(52,200,52,0.2) where the last value it the alpha. Should also be
> able to use 'hsl' but that doesn't seem to work (?)

The values for HSL are
  hue = 0 to 360
  saturation = 0% to 100%
  lightness = 0% to 100%

Like this:
   hsl(240,50%,90%)

You can also use HSLA, which includes an "alpha channel" value between 0
and 1 to specify the opacity:

Like this:
   hsla(240,50%,90%,0.5)

* tested and confirmed on tiddlywiki.com

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools.com: "Small Tools for Big Ideas!" (tm)
InsideTiddlyWiki: The Missing Manuals

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/421cf745-868f-4e57-89ef-d94de2c6e296%40googlegroups.com.