Hi Herb,

Oddly, this is exactly the aspect to which I now turn my attention. There
are two methods to be compared - the first is to build the static site and
deploy the output. The second is to deploy the raw content and then run the
build tool "in the cloud" using a 'continuous integration' method.

Either way the deploy tool du jour is 'git'; primarily a version control
system that mirrors our changing content to a 'repository' at, for example,
github.com. We 'push' changes to this online repo when we want to update
our site. In the first scenario, our pushed code is the output and we're
done. In the second, we require a further build step to be carried out.
This is achieved via what is called a 'git hook' that will run a tool to
build the output and deploy it as instructed.

Travis CI is one such continuous integration tool and it should be possible
to set it up to run tiddlywiki and build the site but my preferred host is
Netlify.com and I think their integrated tools ought to be able to do the
same thing. Too many options, as always.

Anyway, you'll have a tutorial within a week, I promise.

Richard

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1129e14c-e979-4b4a-948b-9a963a110b5a%40googlegroups.com.