Yeah I actually do have system level encryption turned on, so I'm fine if
someone were to physically steal my laptop but I primarily use TiddlyWiki
at work connected to my work domain. I don't necessarily trust every IT
user that walks in the door or is planning to leave the company. So the
technically double encryption I was using with the single file was
necessary in my opinion. Even besides protecting my data from an internal
rogue admin, an outside actor might compromise an privileged domain account
trawl the network and grab my data. I'm considering putting my node.js
tiddly inside of a veracrypt container (as recommended
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1073#issuecomment-330896212>
by Jeremy) but that will be a lot more cumbersome than the single file full
encryption was and really I'll be similarly vulnerable once the container
is mounted and unencrypted. Maybe I'm overthinking that, I'm sure even with
the the single file encryption there were vulnerabilities to consider, but
it seems fairly trivial to me to grab the unencrypted file sitting on the
file-system once the OS is unlocked.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8c935d8e-cfa5-4a85-8f92-ff4a5368ddfb%40googlegroups.com.