Ciao Rob

I do understand the concern. But it was pretty much a concern without
proven foundation.

I NEVER, in years, had any problem. AND there is NOTHING I have ever seen
that indicates the FF extension system was seriously abused.

It seems to me that legitimate paranoia got mixed up with "vaguely possible
sometime hack". IMO there is a larger story going on beyond basic web
security about "Memes Of Modern Thought" that posit threats where they
don't, pragmatically, function.

Anyway, its a done deal. AND the issue is WebExtensions at the moment, are
no way capable of replacing the previous saving system.

With TW that's an issue, but not fatal, with many other extensions it is
death.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/46738545-c7ae-495e-b03b-d21c48901453%40googlegroups.com.