On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 12:00 AM, TonyM <anthony.mus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I would to anything not to rule out other tags, they can be so
> useful, if there is any thing that identifies a tiddler as a person, even
> one of a set like father mother that you can use so your solution is more
> robust is recommended.
>
> Since all but home is a person at the moment you could tag all STANDARD
> tiddlers "person" (automated) and remove that from Home. And update your
> new here/new tiddler to add the person tag for future ones.

Since the vast majority of my tiddlers are intended to be “person
tiddlers”, it’s easier to have a special mark for “non-person” tiddlers.
Also, tags are visible in regular views, and this attribute which serves
the purpose of changing the tiddler template, does not need to be exposed
to the viewer. So, in my case, I may add a “not-a-person” property to the
tiddler, set it to “1” for the few “non-person” tiddlers and add
-[has[not-a-person]] to those template filters.

You are right, I *may* use non-person tiddlers in the future for photos,
documents, or places. Those can be identified by the tiddler type or a
“place” tag. I’ll deal with them when I decide to add them. I just don’t
want to over-complicate this.

I recently created a Footer that goes in the View Template (and A Status
> Bar), A technique I used was to replicate what is found in the
> Viewtemplates use of Tags as well.
>
> A Tiddler called $:/PSaT/macros/customfooter
> <http://192.168.1.109:8088/Local-Instances/TiddlyWiki5.html#%24%3A%2FPSaT%2Fmacros%2Fcustomfooter>
>    tagged $:/tags/ViewTemplate containing;
>

> ​
> <$list
> filter="[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/ViewTemplatefooter]!has[draft.of]]"
> variable="listItem"><$transclude tiddler=<<listItem>>/></$list>
> ​
>

> Then my additional footer macros are simply tagged $:/tags/
> ViewTemplatefooter
>
> I can now add as many additions to the footer as I want with a simple tag.
> I actually place buttons at the top and lists at the bottom of the footer,
> using draggable ordering.
>
> This means I do not modify any system tiddlers like
> $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body
>
> Perhaps these are useful?

Yes, this is very useful. I think, I’ll use your advice. Thanks.
​

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAOvtUXmEv_Mf8JEwpZS1LMZHCorkGHTvNwJQHPdV0aYb6zV%3Dbw%40mail.gmail.com.