Use datepicker to enter or select dates from a popup calendar, it's really
cool. You can even allow time selection if you want. The resulting field will
contain a TW date just like created and modified.

The all the plugins can handle these dates, including Evans formula plugin with
a little conversion.

Many date related plugins use the tiddlywiki date.

One way to think of it is if a fields value is not simple text, you need
something to help you. Dates are an example, if I add 1 to a day of the month
it could be a new month even a new year.

Fortunately all the tools exist to display a twdate anyway you want.

I plan to publish a plugin for easy date field use but have some travel that
may delay me.

If I can share a component that helps I will.

Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ef497128-78ab-4a8d-9ffe-085c3200df63%40googlegroups.com.