On Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 10:05:11 PM UTC+1, Diego Mesa wrote:

> What do you mean by "the containing tiddler"?

eg: test tiddler is "the containing tiddler"

 -  test tiddler contains an undefined [[asdf|?]] call.
 - So [[?]backlinks[]] will show: test   -> that's OK
 - Internally the missing alias is cached with the test tiddler

 - Now we define the field: aliases: asdf in myTiddler.
 - Nothing happens to test tiddler so the backlinks won't be updated.

At the moment I think I need to modify the core to get a performant fix.
Or I just haven't found the right place in the existing code :)

Some information is better than no information!

Yea, I thought about that too.  I'll probably have to add some info text to
the "undefined" alias list

What I don't like at the moment is, that at the very beginning, the 80%
code was simple and elegant.
Now the 98% code lost the elegance ... That's sad.

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/92387806-2d60-405c-abad-567f918272ce%40googlegroups.com.