A small number of filter operators don't really filter -- they ignore
anything earlier in the filter chain and create their own stream of items.
These operators are called constructors.

The prefix/suffix trick comes about because there isn't an equals operator,
exactly. You could use field:title<variable> perhaps. That should work as
long as the tiddler actually exists. I kind of like the prefix/suffix thing
because it works even if the tiddler doesn't work (like if you were looking
for a particular tag, which isn't also a tiddler).

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/942b5148-bd72-4ff0-8ece-eb7a5ec98ca8%40googlegroups.com.