Thanks for trying! I thought I might be missing something.

When I said, nested, I meant nested inside each other (<span class=stuff>
My stuff <e.g. span class=otherstuff>Both stuffs</span> end of first span

The wikipedia examples I was looking at had a lot of nested spans like
this. But I don't see how to write the equivalent in TW5 markup.
Unfortunately, not only does @@.class @@.class2 STUFF @@ (with @@ or @@@@)
not work, it exposes the underlying .class2 text so looks very broken.

Thanks!
-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0309de84-ee68-4950-a732-054b8a886b97%40googlegroups.com.