On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 3:25:40 AM UTC+1, Michael Gentry wrote:

> That's okay. I'm not asking anyone to whip up a brand-new plugin for me,
> I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to solve the specific issues I'm
> dealing with.

That wouldn't be the problem. ... I'm interested in usecases like this one.
That's why I created the uni-link plugin. ...

The problem is, that we would need to answer those questions, to get a
consistent set of rules, that can be converted to code.

For the alias functionality, the answer is relatively simple. ...

 - [[worksheet|?]] ... means, this is an alias link
 - Search for every tiddler that has an aliases field,
    - This list is much smaller than the list of all tiddlers.
 - and link those, who contain the word "worksheet" in the aliases field.
 - the alias name "worksheet" is not case sensitive

doing the same for [[worksheet]] ... imo is much harder. ... IMO every step
needs to check the whole set of existing tiddlers. ...
I don't see a performant algorithm atm.

Anyway. I will create a feature request
<https://github.com/wikilabs/plugins/issues/11> in the uni-link repo at
github. So it won't be forgotten.

BUT I don't think, that there will be a solution soon. So no promises and
no ETA.

So if someone else has a solution, just post here! ... There has been a
discussion
in 2015 here
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/eEaxLQtC7sU> in the
group.