Jed Carty wrote:

> Also, what do you mean by 'not portable'? It should be at least as
> portable as the options you mentioned.

I'm pretty sure that your tool can be used portably. I'll try again on your
latest version and let you know when I get extra wikis working.

FYI, to be decently portable all paths in configuration need to be
relative, never absolute. Absolute paths break basic portability.

Portability means at least:

(1) No changes to the system outside folders the app. works in or
explicitly includes;

(2) Relative pathing. So that if, for instance, I moved "JedsTool" that
included all the wikis & the program from  "C:\tw\JedsTool"  to
"Y:\frank\JedsTool" it would work exactly the same.

For "portable enough" apps. rule (1) can be broken for temporary & cache
files handed over to the OS to handle as they don't really change anything
and get recreated on-the-fly.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ad3520e7-e681-4f6e-b5fd-0d64234191b1%40googlegroups.com.