Hmm. Let me try again:

At
http://tombofhorrors.tiddlyspot.com/#Illustrations:Illustrations%20Description
the
author uses <<tabs>> to present images tagged with "Illustrations". This is
ok, but not super ideal.
I suggested he create a new tiddler called "Show the Illustrations" that
made use of a list of tiddlers so that they could be identified and sorted.
The <<tag Illustrations>> was of limited value, so I suggested he might use
the list field instead (We ultimately ended up developing a tag-based macro
<https://designwritestudio.updog.co/#Navigating%20Through%20A%20Set%20of%20Images>
 instead
of using a list field...).

While exploring list fields, it was annoying to manually populate a list
field with every tagged tiddler, so we wrote that short one-time use button
script that essentially put the contents of the <<tags>> field into a
<<list>> field of a specified tiddler. (It was also a way to introduce the
use of the ActionListOps widget)(on reflection, there was probably a faster
way to copy the contents of the tag field of a tiddler into the list field
of another tiddler, but I didn't think of that until now).

Our discussion generated some interesting questions about the nature of
list fields, as well as the nature of the tags field, and when it was
useful / appropriate to use tags and when it was useful / appropriate to
use list fields. That's really my question.

Thanks for seeking clarification :)

//steve.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/56fdedb5-eeaa-4687-bba0-b2e41c4bd524%40googlegroups.com.