My circa 2012 devices are sluggish with TW, but usable in some situations.

I use syncthing to update copies of TW files to the devices.  Syncthing
*usually* works pretty well, though sometimes it needs to be restarted. The
thing is, it's really overkill because it encrypts everything in transit.

TW is not usually good for quick look-ups because loading time is so long.
But it is OK for persistent reference (like a recipe or book passages)
where you're going to have it on the same set of tiddlers for awhile. As an
e-reader, it's slow to load. But then, so is Kindle (because Kindle always
wants to check the net).

For sending data back to the home machine, it's best if your TW app
consists of checkboxes or small fields (like calorie counters, todo
check-offs).

TW loads most quickly and formats most correctly with AndTidWiki.
AndTidWiki can still save. I'm not sure that the latest versions of FF can
use any of the save extensions -- that shows how seldom I use TW on FF for
input.  Firefox doesn't format correctly on my devices. In particular, when
you zoom in on text the text goes off screen rather than formatting to the
new edge. This is why I developed the Quick 8 app for changing fonts and
saving their settings. But, with FF you can have multiple tabs open.
AndTidWiki will only allow you to have one TW open at a time, which is a
problem if you want to go back and forth.

Sometimes AndTidWiki won't be able to load a TW file. A trick I've learned
is to go into the RAM manager and clear the memory. After that AndTidWiki
will run OK.

One of the biggest problems with Android apps, especially browsers, or at
least on my devices, is that Android can decide at any time to close some
"background" task. You can hop from a TW on FF to just take a quick peak at
a phone log, weather report, or ebook, and when you pop back, your FF
session has closed and you've lost all your tabs (but not always,
mysteriously it sometimes remembers them). Then you have to find your
bookmark, load your page, etc.

In general, TW performance on Android is not as good as native apps like
Simplenote, Evernote, etc. The various improvements to TW have weighted it
down to about 2.5 Megs -- the size of a substantial reference ebook. And
that's before any data is added. Perhaps there needs to be a TW-lite
edition for small devices, though I don't know what features I would want
to ditch.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c4489744-8311-4821-80a6-1c3e0a71b87f%40googlegroups.com.