Technically we have four categories. Servers (including server scripts),
services, notebook managers.

TiddlyServer actually is a server, and uses the NodeJS TiddlyWiki server as
a tool to serve datafolders. Both are servers, but the one uses the other.

NoteSelf, TiddlySpace, and TiddlySpot would be "services" in that they
manage the data storage internally (more or less). TW in the Sky is a
service as well.

TiddlyDesktop could be considered a "notebook manager". Same with Quine and
AndTidWiki.

The electron scripts that I wrote are simple wrappers that do little more
than enable a wiki to work using its own code with minimal interference. I
have actually written a script to load a datafolder into the Electron
browser and sync changes directly to the file system using the file system
adapter without using the server command at all. It sounds incredible, but
it worked perfectly. I think it was a bit of a hack though.

So we have servers (including server scripts like PHP), services (hosted by
others), and notebook managers. I would say that is the three categories of
platforms we have.

Just my observations.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAJ1vdSRCwcm%3D6HdW6ODLvRoF1t-odgr4-_yxc8OcVjG-h_XiwQ%40mail.gmail.com.