Jim,

The other way around I would think, all dates utc and when you view them the
local timezone offset is applied. Including daylight.

This is nessasary for time zone shared wikis. I can say this since I live at +10

The view widget has the template parameter with the utc option and you can
format the same full date code to the micro second. Perhaps using the view
widget with or without utc before you feed it into your sameday filter in a
variable, will solve this issue?

To me date field values are barly readable as they are so why not maintain them
in utc and always filter and display them as local time.

Evans formula plugin and the rpn maths plugins provide a little more in the
date, Maths and the pickaday plugin is good for date selection with a popup
calendar.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c06b8c0e-6c4b-4e26-82f6-5c0a1d320061%40googlegroups.com.