> TT ... -- When you create or edit a Tiddler you lose "S mode" / "KN mode."
>> Not sure, but is that preventable? It would be nice to stay in it.
>>

> There's some background: the "E" shortcut for editing works within the
> text-editor, too. If you type a word that contains "e", it wouldn't insert
> the letter but trigger the shortcut. That's why I disable SelectMode when I
> edit a tiddler.

Of course! I should have realised that in edit-mode there would be a
conflict. My bad for not thinking it through!

> ... I could however modify KeeBoord so that it only triggers shortcuts if
> we're not within an editor or input field. But the amount of such fields is
> very high within tw so I wonder how often users then have to click outside
> those fields so that they loose focus, just to trigger a keyboard shortcut.
> That's somehow contra-productive

I agree. Being able to get back to "S mode" after an edit is easy anyway.
So likely better not to makre it over complicated?

FYI, small observation. I opened three Tiddlers to edit. I then clicked
alt+s. Typed into one of them the word "the". You get to "th" and it bails
out and loses focus and "S mode" goes off. It seems resilient & behaves
well.

Worth noting, if you had a case of, say, one tiddler open for editing and a
load of others in view mode you could STILL navigate around with keys
UNTIL you started an actual edit in the opened editor. So "S mode" is NOT
incompatible with having Tiddlers open for edit, merely it switches off
once you actually start editing.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/fb5eb92a-3a5c-4ed7-a025-635d7e40f7de%40googlegroups.com.