This post turned out longer than I expected. You'll have to forgive me if
what I'm saying is weird or not useful to you. I'm thinking outloud. I want
you to know, I love the tool you are building, and I'm intensely grateful.

You can now select if you want to focus the text-editor or the title when
> editing a tiddler. I'll probably add shortcuts that will be active in
> select-mode to focus title, tags, editor, type and fields inputs

Making shortcuts to target features for any focused tiddler is a damned
good idea. I don't know how far you are going with this, and I might have
the wrong vision. Building a framework to control as many standard
components of Tiddlywiki through a keyboard might be worthwhile. The more I
think about this, the more I'm convinced some version of your plugin should
be in Tiddlywiki's primary codebase (I always wonder if some aspects of the
code will eventually go WASM, but that may defeat the purpose).

Your tool is a hack for me. It allows to navigate and organize large
workflows by hand, which is the intended purpose, but more importantly, it
allows me to leverage non-JS ecosystems without NPM. I really do want to
keep Tiddlywiki as self-contained as possible inside a single HTML. That's
what is truly magic about it. The moment I'm leaving the browser to run NPM
though, I feel like I should just be using some other tool besides
Tiddlywiki (this may just be my incompetence though).

I think I'm going to abuse your tool in a way that is simply the result of
me not being able to figure out how to write my own JS modifications of the
wiki. To me, you are giving us platform agnostic controls over the wiki, a
ghetto API to a magical blackbox meant for skiddies like me.

Back when I used Windows, I was an AutoHotKey fan. In many cases, I might
not want or be able to touch the memory of a program, but I can
programmatically tell you how to interact with it from the keyboard and
mouse. Your tool may be a bridge for me. I'm interested in integrating a
lot of python and bash (actually, xonsh) scripts into my TW. For example, I
now use a tool that sanitizes my clipboard with replacements and pastes
(because I have to move data from other programs through clipboard often
enough). I also have a script which takes a list of tiddlers from "New" and
organizes them into a nested list structure that I consistently use as a
template. Automating tiddler creation, templating, and other processes
through the keyboard may give me the Rube-Goldberg machine I always dreamed
of. Thank you. =)

If Tiddlywiki is a specialized self-contained VMed OS in my browser
(Zawinski's law, give me the ability to decentrally mail tiddlers!), then
maybe you're building some kind of visual commandline (I wonder what a
console would look like in Tiddlywiki; a true commandline could be very
powerful). I hope to read titles, xonsh parse and massage data, and use
your tool to manually edit Tiddlywiki through xdotool and i3msgs. I can do
this through NPM, but it requires decompiling and recompiling the
Tiddlywiki (which I may just be forced to accept in the end); it has not
been foolproof for me either.

On a side note, I'm forced to use this:
https://philosopher.life/#%24%3A%2F_toggle-editor-toolbar_preview:%24%3A%2F_toggle-editor-toolbar_preview,

a tool to disable toolbars, in order to maintain the font I want to have in
the editor itself. Is this going to be a huge monkeywrench?

My claim might be dumb, and perhaps it should not have any influence on
what you are constructing because this is just one person's oddball
usecase. I'll leave that up to you.

How did you imagine the search bar? How should it behave, what should it
> search for... ?

I want to open search from keyboard, type stuff in, and use my keyboard to
quickly navigate through the list. Currently, it has very poor
highlighting, I must use Tab and Ctrl+Tab to move through the list (would
love more options), and I have to Tab quite a bit to actually get to
navigating the list in the first place. I suppose I may just fix this
myself though (the highlighting I cannot).

Some of the work that others to do with tagging I choose to do with titles
(so far, I'm not seeing why I should switch over to tags, but I may be
blind here). Eventually, I aim to be able to search by title and then
search for text within those titles (that may be already possible, but I've
not figured out how yet). I may end up having to write out a bunch of
specialized query templates.

Organizing my wiki is a very large matter of debate which I continue to
think about. The softness of Tiddlywiki as software is exactly what I need
as I figure out what it's supposed to look like. Search is ridiculously
important, but I think I actually need to finds ways that are specifically
tailored to the structures I have built. I will think more about your
question.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b01ca38c-99a4-4853-88d7-8ff8db982fcd%40googlegroups.com.