Mark S. (and any interested hackers)

That's EXACTLY the problem I see with using TiddlyWiki "live" as it were:
trying to take notes on a live lecture or video presentation is
tremendously painful in Tiddlywiki if you're trying to impose any order on
the fly.  Moving from keyboard to mouse and back constantly makes the
process largely unworkable with any serious time constraints.

I love TW for its organizational and relational capabilities, but for
getting down information quickly, it's not my first choice.  Tools like
TiddlyMap can help here if properly utilized, and there are others, but
they still leave you with the same problem: lots of kb to mouse to kb
movement.  This is seriously distracting when you're trying to "keep up"
with a live event, or get something out of your head quickly.

That said, I do have an idea I'd like to float to anyone interested:  A
killer plugin for TW would be a button that opens a new text entry window
or frame.  Inside this otherwise blank frame, the user can type as fast as
they are able, utilizing markdown or html (as in any standard tiddler),
thus providing whatever formatting they see fit on the fly.  Yes, I know,
you're thinking "you can do this with any tiddler right now, so what?"
Well, here's where things get neat (in my head at least)...

So far, the above largely mimics the general editing screen of StackEdit,
so no big deal, but what if you were able to use a keystroke combination in
this editor pane to insert a new tiddler framework.  So for example, if I
press <CTRL+SHIFT+N> (or whatever - the choice doesn't matter much as long
as it doesn't mess up anything else), this editor pane inserts something
similar to the following:

created:
creator:
list:
modified:
modifier:
tags:
title:
tmap.id:

And then positions the cursor directly under these inserted fields, for
data entry.  Now, the above entries were taken from a .tid file I exported
from one of my tiddlers, so there's more in there than is necessary for a
new tiddler, but you get the idea.  Now, I can already hear someone saying
"you can do that right now by just copying this minimal framework to the
clipboard", and that's true, but using a key binding would allow me to
cut/paste text as I go for the editing I'm discussing, and that's
important.  It'd be really impressive if the fields pasted with the custom
key combination could be customized, so I could add fields as necessary for
my specific wiki.

I understand, there's nothing specifically remarkable about what I'm
suggesting above.  Assuming I've gone back to each of these pasted field
sections shown above, and entered relevant information (title, tags, etc.),
or had the information auto-populated (dates, modifier, etc.), then we have
the basics for any number of individual tiddlers in text/markup form, all
contained on this one edit panel.  After I'm done editing and taking notes,
the magic plugin I'm thinking of would at this point allow me to press a
"parse" or "finish" (or whatever) button, and it would parse the text I'd
entered, separate the individual tiddlers at the appropriate points (using
the populated fields listed as examples above), and create appropriate
tiddlers in the TW file, properly tagged, linked, and stored as if I'd
created them via the mouse interface one at a time.  Think of the time
savings this would permit for live or rapid work, and still give us the
organizational benefits of TW over an editor like StackEdit.

>From my perspective, if you want to win users over from DynaList,
StackEdit, or some of the other tools mentioned earlier in this thread,
that'd be a quick (and really slick) way to squash some of the usability
issues discussed here.  If anyone knows of a plugin that does this right
now, please let me know, I'd love to try it out.

Regardless, I'd like to thank all the regulars here who do so much good
work with this wonderful tool.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b4291b0d-0a7c-427e-8433-83c40dba9f68%40googlegroups.com.