P.S., this very discussion is the reason I'm so happy to have found Bob,
simply because I can now use bash to manipulate tiddlers (text files) at
will (as I'm more proficient at bash than javascript)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e0621642-4fac-4d9c-904d-19a6df25d307%40googlegroups.com.