I think I sort of buried the lede in the last release post for Bob, but one
of the new features is that it can now get plugins directly from GitHub
repos. You can just give it the URL and it will fetch the plugin and save
it to your library of plugins so it is available to all of your wikis.

I have tried to make a version for single file wikis, and it works, aside
from my nemesis, CORS headers. From a browser you can't download the zip
files from GitHub because they don't have CORS set up to let you do that.
You may be able to down load specific files, but from what I have been able
to find you can only do that if you know the names of the individual files.
So the only realistic way I have been able to come up with for a single
file wiki to get and build plugins directly from GitHub requires some sort
of relay server. Bob could act as this server, but if you have Bob running
it would be easier to just get the plugins with Bob and then either make
your wiki in Bob and save it as a single file wiki, or use TWederBob to
fetch the plugin from Bob.

So, for anyone who was able to follow my rambling, is it worth setting up
Bob as a relay like this? A publicly accessible Bob server like on
ooktech.xyz could also act as a relay which may make the relay idea much
more useful. But so far I don't think anyone is really using the plugin
library there so I have no idea if anyone would care.

The next part is about Bob itself. Currently Bob is quite large, about
750kb, which is around half the size of an empty wiki. On slow connections
or older hardware this could add a significant amount of time to loading a
wiki.
I can modify how Bob sends wikis to the browser so that it only sends the
required parts to the browser, which come out to around 250kb. The biggest
problem I see with this is that you would not be able to install Bob by
dragging and dropping the plugin into a node wiki.
My hope is that BobEXE means that isn't really necessary anymore, but I
wanted to see how people feel about it.
Another potential concern is that you no longer get to see all of the code
for what Bob is doing in your wiki. I don't think that this is a concern
for most people, and the code for Bob is up on GitHub, but one part of
tiddlywiki that I like is that you can see all of the code that is running
right there in your browser.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6fe8da01-dbeb-4158-9637-7b301e1c5398%40googlegroups.com.