I wonder if, once the Widget Subclassing Mechanism
<https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/dev/#WidgetSubclassingMechanism> is
introduced, perhaps in the next version (5.1.20) - it will be possible to
rewrite the appropriate widget for wikitext parsing for headings to add in
a unique id attribute for each header, so that something like:

!.#ToC My New First Header

produces HTML similar to:

<h1 class="ToC" id=
#SomeUniqueText/Number-BasedOnThe-QualifyMacro+NumberIncrementedForEachHeader
> My New First Header</h1>

which could then be used to create a localised tiddler's Table of Contents

Of course this is nonsense - but the bright minds here may begin to be
inspired to think about how it can be done.

Cheers!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c1dc3622-ed59-45fb-8562-a4391e41bcab%40googlegroups.com.