Is there a way (probably using the reveal widget?) to replace the contents
of a tiddler with some standard text based upon a state tiddler?
Perhaps something like this:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/07WVZmjsopE/zWa7_aKZBAAJ ?

What I was is to hide the actual content of a tiddler and replace it with
some standard text "Enter your text here..". The hidden mode should work
both in view and edit mode.

I understand that I can just hide the actual tiddler itself too, but I do
not want to do that. For example in my side bar menu of 'thoughts & ideas'
I need to add some ideas which I do not want anyone to read. But they need
to be under that menu item because I do not want to keep idea tiddlers in
two places.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/aa9b5de0-62d6-4332-ba87-026b30d0a76d%40googlegroups.com.