Plausible deniability seems to work best when you can present legitimate
appearing content. I wouldn't want it blank; I'd want it to say something
innocuous (even if slightly embarrassing). I would still keep the real
content encrypted since you won't be editing unless you know no one is
looking, and especially because it can otherwise show up in searches (or
you need to fix that). I'm a fan of steganography, but encryption is
necessary.

I'm also reminded of this:
https://www.truecrypt71a.com/documentation/plausible-deniability/ (which is
real plausible deniability).

Perhaps you should reconsider how to resolve shoulder-surfing and/or others
using your computer here (there's no perfect solution, if you want to go
all the way down the rabbithole). I'm not convinced unifying your public
and private content is going to be easy. I think it's easy to screw up
using single-tiddler encryption too (I shouldn't have to remember to lock
the door in this case), else I'd use my wiki quite differently.

I'm going to recommend using two wikis. If you really need to unify them
(which I <https://philosopher.life/> strongly appreciate), you can. In that
case, have one public and one public+private. Most of the time you can edit
public and there's literally nothing to worry about (even given an
adversary familiar with TW). When you need to do something private (which
can be secured in many ways), import the public into it and continue your
mixed public+private work, then export the public again (I'd probably keep
private tagged). This allows you to keep the private wiki content secured
and still keep your public wiki integrated into it when you decide you are
in a safe place to edit private content (you will still have to be mindful
about how you mix content, but that was always a given).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b41c0175-b13e-47c7-844c-3963aa54417d%40googlegroups.com.