Hi hOp3
I have a rather long-winded method of showing 'tasks' selected by index date.
It's not a calendar, more like a diary, but it may give you some ideas to work
with. I'm absolutely sure there are more efficient ways to do this but I only
started with data tiddlers recently and this evolved out of the learning
process.

This works with the data/tasks file produced by Mohammad's todolist.

I have 2 tiddlers of type 'application/x-tiddler-dictionary'.

1 is titled 'months' and has this content;
01:01
02:02
03:03
04:04
05:05
06:06
07:07
08:08
09:09
10:10
11:11
12:12

The second is called 'days' and has the same content but all the way to 31:31

The third tiddler is titled 'mymonths' and creates a transcludable drop down
selector for months. It contains;

<$select tiddler="$:/_state/dateselector" field="month">
<$list filter='[[months]indexes[]]'>
<$list filter='[[months]getindex<currentTiddler>' variable='<value>']>
<option><<currentTiddler>></option>

</$list>

</$list>

</$select>

<$list filter="[[months]getindex{$:/_state/dateselector!!month}]"
variable="value">
</$list>

The fourth tiddler is titled 'mydays' and creates a drop down selector for
days. It contains;

<$select tiddler="$:/_state/dateselector" field="day">
<$list filter='[[days]indexes[]]'>
<$list filter='[[days]getindex<currentTiddler>' variable='<value>']>
<option><<currentTiddler>></option>

</$list>

</$list>

</$select>

<$list filter="[[days]getindex{$:/_state/dateselector!!day}]" variable="value">
</$list>

Finally the fifth tiddler is titled 'tasks by date' and allows you to select
your tasks by date. It contains;

\define concatdate()
2019.{{$:/_state/dateselector!!month}}.{{$:/_state/dateselector!!day}}
\end

Day: {{mydays}}
Month: {{mymonths}}

<$wikify name="myconcatdate" text=<<concatdate>> >

<b>
<<myconcatdate>></b>

<$list filter="[[$:/plugins/kookma/todolist/data/YOURBASENAME/tasks]indexes[]]
+[regexp:title<myconcatdate>]">

<$list
filter="[[$:/plugins/kookma/todolist/data/YOURBASENAME/tasks]getindex<currentTiddler>]"
 variable="value"><<value>>
</$list>
</$list>

</$wikify>

Note that you need to edit YOURBASENAME in 'tasks by date' twice to the base
name that you are using in todolist.

I never got around to making a dropdown for years but it would follow the same
pattern.

Like I say, longwinded, not a calendar, definitely not a textbook example but
it might give you or others ideas and hopefully someone will extend it and
correct my slapdash methods.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/aca57b68-32f1-479c-9a8e-91816686789d%40googlegroups.com.