On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 3:37:05 PM UTC+2, TonyM wrote:

>    - I have no desire to make tiddlers unique in the tiddly universe.
>    Perhaps I need to filter out / reset the tsn field in imports so they do
>    not interfere.
>
> OK ..  I do.

>    - Actually I think serial numbers like 1, 2 and 3 are cool, and simple.
>
> hmm, 1, 11, 2, 3 ... I'm OK with that using +[nsort[]] with it. ..

I don't have an issue using 1, 2, 3 in the aliases field. It works pretty
well.

 - [[1|?]] ... shows a link text: 1
 - [[1|?c]] ... shows the caption field as link text
 - [[1|?any-name]] ... shows the "any-name" field as link text

 - 1 2 +[is[alias]] ... gives you a nice list, that allows you to do
everything you want.

and so on.

-m