PMario,

I have not heard of the DAT protocol and I do not know how Peer-2-Peer
works, but it is clear that it has to do with networks. One of TiddyWiki's
basic ideas is to be free of external dependencies and work on its own.
Does the DAT protocol break this principle? Can the ID be generated offline
or do I have to register it on an online server?

I found a brief summary of what DAT is like, if it wasn't clear to anyone:

Beaker Browser is an experimental P2P web browser that natively integrates

https://medium.com/offline-camp/offline-first-peer-to-peer-networks-da2bc4bc92af