Jeremy,

What about adding to plugins requiring reload a red
$:/core/images/refresh-button
<http://192.168.1.81/Instances/PSaTSuitnew.html#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fimages%2Frefresh-button>
with a tool tip saying will require save a reload after install.

This provides all the information, is attention grabbing, or perhaps the
$:/core/images/info-button
<http://192.168.1.81/Instances/PSaTSuitnew.html#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fimages%2Finfo-button>

Regards
Tony