Hi Joe

> Yes - silly me - I should have thought of that.
>
> I guess the node server assumes that nobody else will muck around with the
> tiddlers sub directory while it is running - a restart did the job.

The original plan was indeed to support external modifications to the file
system representation of the tiddler store. But back in the early days (2011 or
2012) Node.js didn’t have good cross platform support for watching the file
system for changes and so I abandoned that approach. It’s something I’d like to
revisit.

The workaround is to use the HTTP API, which means working in JSON.

Best wishes

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/C848C42B-F041-427C-A6A2-202A45615D72%40gmail.com.