David Gifford's TiddlyToolMap
<https://dynalist.io/d/zUP-nIWu2FFoXH-oM7L7d9DM> has succinctly illustrated
THE way to solve much of the fragmentation of resources TiddlyWiki lays in
adopting structures for shared info on (a) resources; (b) documentation.

TiddlyToolMap emerged from David's own frustration of not being able to
find what he needed at the time he needed it.

His solution was simple: collect on a list, with basic categories, links to
major useful innovations.

Its imperfect, not comprehensive, somewhat messy when looking at items as
there is no standard of presentation, and it includes nothing about whether
a solution will all work in all TW generations.

BUT the key points are:

   - largely it works;

   - its the only attempt of its kind currently alive;

   - he is happy its taken on, as he says: *I would hope that ... people
   ... would feel free to use the info in my toolmap to create similar things
   according to the criteria they set.*

   - most IMPORTANT, it is being picked up on in the wild as a major
   resource repository ... see, for instance, this German blog post:
   https://toolblog.de/2018/06/16/die-ultimative-liste-fuer-tiddlywiki/?

TiddlyToolMap is a VERY good example of "auto-marketing".

It fills a need, and despite being very crude in structure, and sometimes
painful to use, it DOES "hit the spot" of "Wider Use". It appeals. Is
increasingly used. And addresses the lack of a full Resource Base elsewhere.

It is for these reasons I ask you help to develop a BASIC DATA FORMAT FOR
RESOURCES (i.e. a list of minimal fields that can capture and organise
plugins, macros and documentation) so that David's resource could be
exported in a FORM that can be used and developed and NOT get lost.

Yes?

Please feel free to ask questions if anything I wrote needs clarifying.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/91731a62-a7e3-4e9a-adc5-411b989bace8%40googlegroups.com.