Hi Tony

> Could someone with an understanding of plugins and shadow tiddlers possibly
> explain what happens in the following circumstance and do I have any control
> over it?
>
> Keep in mind with the pre-release reload will not be necessary for all
> plugins.
>
> Lets say I have a core tiddler which is a shadow
> Now I install "plugin one" which has a copy of that same tiddler
> Then I install "plugin two" which also has a copy of that same tiddler

Plugins are loaded in a specific order determined by the numeric value in their
“plugin-priority” field (if present), with further subsorting taking place on
the title field. The core plugin has a “plugin-priority” value of “0”, and thus
will always be sorted before plugins that lack a “plugin-priority” field.
Plugins appearing earlier the sort order have their shadow tiddlers overridden
by those of subsequent plugins.

> Is there a way to explain the resulting behaviour?
See above.
> Also on editing the original tiddler I believe it will retain the edited
> version no matter which plugin or core is installed
That’s correct, editing a shadow tiddler makes it into an ordinary tiddler.
> What happens if I disable one or both plugins?
Then their shadow tiddlers will not be loaded.
> What happens if I have the same (not core tiddler) in the two plugins?
The highest priority plugin wins (see above).

Best wishes

Jeremy.