On Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 3:28:40 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote:

2. Setting and using evaluated variables
> \customize tick=ghost _element="$set" name=ghost
> filter="""[all[current]addprefix[$:/ghost/]]""" _endString="/ghost"
>
> ´ghost <<ghost>><br>
>
> And <<ghost>> the value is here
>
> <$set name=new-var value=<<ghost>> >
>
> My <<new-var>>
>
> </$set>
> I did not use the end string here! Is that a problem?

No .. It parses till the end of the tiddler.

> Are they "self closing"?

kind of. .. The end of the tiddler is the "closing" tag. Add this _after_
the </set> of you code.

.... shortened above

/ghost

<<new-var>>

<<ghost>>

Then remove the _endString ... You'll see the difference.

That's the reason, why many of my text-xxx tiddlers have a line at the end
like: "some more text"..

-mario

mario