Looking at the SYNTAX for your Table Markup looks good!

I'd need to actually be able to use it to say more than that.

For instance, does it preserve the ALIGNMENT and CELL-MERGING tricks that
current Wiki-Text has?

I personally think that Jeremy's WikiText for Tables is pretty amazing :-)
So if you can go better--well--so much the better! :-)

Best wishes
TT