Adam Tkac wrote:
> 0001-Don-t-run-configure-for-unused-subdirs.patch
> - I don't like it much. It will break functionality of `make dist`
>   . This is bigger problem from my point of view than "slow"
>   /configure

My problem isn't slow configure - it's configure refusing to let me
build without nasm installed when I don't need it because I'm using
the system libjpeg.   If the configure could be made so that errors
from the subconfigures just disabled those libraries instead of breaking
the entire configuration process, that would be great too, but I don't
see how to do that with the default autoconf AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS.

After digging through the common/jpeg/configure.ac some more I found I
can workaround this by adding --without-simd to the options so
it doesn't error out on the lack of nasm.   It would still be nicer
to other builders if that link was more obvious (or perhaps maybe
--with-system-jpeg should just automatically set --without-simd).

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com