On 06/ 2/14 11:43 PM, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> 4. We, as tigervnc maintainers, can comment on these changes. Even on
> individual lines of individual commits.

The biggest downside I've seen with github is that anyone can comment
on commits and pull requests, so if a commit triggers the trolls, it
can become a total shitshow.   (Most recent example, django's change
of "master/slave" to "primary/replica" in their docs, but there's been
enough others too.)   Github says they're working on better moderation
tools, but just be warned, you're always just one particularly stupid
typo away from having your repo turn into:

https://github.com/MrMEEE/bumblebee-Old-and-abbandoned/commit/a047be85247755cdbe0acce6f1dafc8beb84f2ac

(which as you can see ended up causing the author to abandon the repo
to get away from the endless trolling).

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersm...@oracle.com