Of course you can use any of the standard photogrammetric tecniques and
programs.  Even you can do it automatically using image correlation to
find the paralax and hence the distance.

But I have a simpler and cheaper (and also accurate) solution:

Put a transmiting coil in the object to be measured, about 1-2 cm
diameter, 0.5 cm high (I donĀ“t remember the frequency now, it is quite
low but it doesn't matter).
Lay a receiving antenna grid of vertical and horizontal wires, spaced
about 1 cm, in a surface below the object.
Scan the antennas noting the amplitudes an phases on the 4 or 6
horizontal and vertical wires surrounding the Tx coil in each moment .
Calculate the position in real time (you obtain a precision of about 0.1
mm if the antenna surface is calibrated)
Sound complicated? buy a digitizing tablet (used ones are really
cheap).  This is how these things works.
Regards,
Ignacio Cembreros