Hi

If you only have one antenna and one receiver, the answer is fairly simple.
Swing it around you head on the end of a long string. Plot the position reading
vs time. Correlate the readings to the phase of the rotation.

It does indeed work (it's a doppler scanner ...). You could easily argue that
it's not exactly a stationary situation any more.

Making it work correctly would involve a lot of work figuring out just how much
lag the receiver has. You might have to swing it at a 10 rpm rate ...

Bob