From: time-nuts-boun...@febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-boun...@febo.com] On Behalf
Of k6...@comcast.net
Sent: 22 October 2010 23:08
To: time-nuts@febo.com
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Maintaining boatanchors (was Capacitor Failures)

I've got a lot of old(er) HP and Tek test gear. Built to last, the manuals
include schematics and theory of ops, and they still perform.

It's not the old electrolytics that scare me -- it's the old EPROMs. All those
wonderful micro-based instruments with their extensive self-test on startup
routines -- sooner or later enough of that trapped charge will leak out, and
bits will start flipping...

What to do? Pop out the parts and rewrite them? Dump them to disk as well?

bob k6rtm