From: time-nuts-boun...@febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-boun...@febo.com] On Behalf
Of David I. Emery
Sent: 24 October 2010 04:22
To: j...@quik.com; Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Maintaining boatanchors

        Horror stories abound about organizations that need to make some minor
patch or change to source code of a popular product for some important customer
even just a few years after its release and nobody can find the right source
code or the right build environment (compilers, libraries, OS etc and the
hardware they ran on) or if they can be found it takes many many hours of
expensive time and talent to reconstruct the right stuff to actually make a
code image that matches what is shipping.

--
  Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, d...@dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass
02493 "An empty zombie mind with a forlorn barely readable weatherbeaten 'For