http://www.wenzel.com/pdffiles1/Dividers/LNFDN.pdf

-RL
---

From: "Tom Van Baak" <t...@leapsecond.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:03 PM
To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" <time-nuts@febo.com>
Subject: [time-nuts] Question on GPS and reference standards

A good question for the group...
/tvb

Hi:

I have both a GPS Frequency standard (Trimble Thunder Bolt) which outputs the 10 MHz reference and also the 1 PPS signal. In addition, I have a Collins AEU unit which has a 10 MHz Rubidium reference inside. Both units work well and produce a very accurate reference signal for the units that require a 10 MHz reference.

The challenge is that I am looking for a source of a 10:1 frequency divider so I can create a 1 MHz reference for my Rockwell Collins HF-80 system. Can you suggest a source of a high quality frequency divider that outputs a (nearly) sine wave signal? We only need two units - one for production and one for our
development lab.

The object is to provide a very accurate source of 1 MHz and 10 MHz to the
various radio systems used in our disaster and humanitarian relief radio
network. When you send data, you need to be exactly on frequency.

Any help would be great. Just need to be pointed in the right direction. While we could try to design something to meet this objective, I am sure that someone
has already done this.

Thank you.

Kevin