Of the 2 lc orgs I administer or am a member of, and the roughly 8 other lc
orgs I  interact with on a regular basis, only one uses lc certified gps equip.
The others are all consumer grade or don't use gps.

However, a slew of filings and letters from the lc community might not be a bad
idea, if only to lay the groundwork for the inevitable lawsuits.